Monday, January 17, 2011

Fold-over Pear Torte-ure


By and large, I don't do well on less than three hours of sleep and will rarely subject myself to the torture that is functioning in normal society the day after. However, desperate times often call for desperate measures and so here I am waiting for my second Fold-Over Pear Torte of this long, long evening to come out of the oven.

This isn't just any pear torte. It's Dorie Greenspan's Fold-Over Pear Torte. This means that it will smell, look, and taste...perfect, even if the recipe is two pages long, single spaced, and without pictures.

Yes, I am baking a sight-unseen recipe which I plan to serve to 14 very special houseguests tomorrow evening. And it is only for them that I would subject myself to this torte-ure.

Will it live up to all that I imagine it to be? Only time will tell. And most of it will be spent ingesting as much caffeine as I can find.

No comments:

Post a Comment