Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Why My Kitchen Is Illegal

Many years ago, I learned that the road less traveled was often the better one, even if the journey is bound to be rough. And starting a business is no exception.

There are many things I want Cooking At Home to be: informative, inspiring, and--legal.

Initial response to yesterday's announcement has been overwhelmingly positive and while I'm eager to begin receiving orders, a bit of legal research this evening revealed that I can't. Not yet.

Because....

My kitchen is illegal.

Yes, illegal. It doesn't even need to be inspected. We have two major violations that simply cannot be ignored.


Their names are Darby and Chutney. Sadly, the third in this picture--Lily--recently passed away. Yes, indoor pets make your kitchen illegal.

Suddenly, I'm kitchenless.

I've begun searching for a local, legal kitchen which I can rent once a week for meal preparation, but leads are few and far between.

But fear not! While I search for some great kitchen space--stainlesss steel, here I come!--I am moving forward and beginning to schedule private, in-home cooking classes.

Cooking At (Your) Home offers home cooks of all skill levels the unique experience of learning a new recipe, skill, or technique in the comfort of your own kitchen. Delicious recipes. Fresh ingredients. And a great opportunity to make mealtime memorable again, whether it's an intimate dinner for two, a girls' night in, or a unique one-on-one experience designed to take your home cooking to the next level.

And remember, what happens in the kitchen stays in the kitchen! Look for this month's "menu" of classes soon.

In the meantime, thank you for 'Cooking At Home'!

No comments:

Post a Comment